What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty Turkey, is applied a lot nowadays among plastic surgeries. Purpose of performing this operation is providing the person to have a nose structure in harmony with his/her face approved by him/her.
The person who shall have the surgery should determine the nose structure he/she wants with the help of his/her doctor before the nose operation. It may also be defined as operations performed to ensure breathing function to be problem-free and ideal.
Rhinoplasty surgery may be performed to meet both your aesthetic and functional needs. During a rhinoplasty operation, situations affecting your breathing function negatively as deviation and concha hypertrophy may be eliminated while your nose is brought to the most suitable shape for your face.
As specialist doctors, we meet your plastic operation need and we ensure you to have a beautiful nose having a natural appearance and performing its functions without any problems. We share with you all details you need to know about the operation.
M.D. Mehmet Emre Dinc Clinic
How is Rhinoplasty Surgery Performed?
Rhinoplasty Turkey, operations are generally performed with general anesthesia. Local anesthesia is sufficient when we perform minor operations on nasal tip only.
Most of our patients who contact us are wondering how we perform their aesthetic procedures. It should be stated that although it changes according to the process, rhinoplasty surgeries are generally performed with general anesthesia.
Who is Rhinoplasty Applied to?
Plastic surgeries for nose are applied to everyone if their health status is well. Specifically people who are not satisfied with the appearance of their noses prefer our operations.
You may have rhinoplasty istanbul for many reasons such as having a long or large nose not in harmony with the face, humped nose, crooked nose, big nostrils problem or asymmetric nose compared to face.
As a result of your problem, we suggest the most suitable operations for you and ensure that you have a healthy and beautiful nose. As it is stated, everyone who has no health problems preventing surgery may have plastic surgery.
In Which Situations Should Rhinoplasty Be Performed?
While rhinoplasty surgeries change an individual’s appearance positively, they also help in eliminating health problems. If you’re not satisfied with the appearance of your nose, you may have a plastic operation.
In some people with severe intranasal or extranasal deviation, a complete correction of the nose, namely rhinoplasty, may be required in order to open respiratory tract, even if there are no aesthetic complaints.
Rhinoplasty Turkey – M.D. Mehmet Emre Dinc
What are Rhinoplasty Surgery Types?
Plastic operations are applied for nose with 2 main techniques, open and closed. I, as a doctor, perform my rhinoplasty surgeries with both techniques considering the needs and expectations of the patient. However, I try to prefer protective rhinoplasty techniques as much as possible in the technique that I have determined personally.
In closed rhinoplasty, there is no incision in the section between the nostrils, all incisions are in the nose and surgery is performed inside the nose. I think that nose structures are protected better in closed rhinoplasty.
There is incision between the nostrils in open rhinoplasty, this incision is combined with the incisions made in the nose and the nasal skin is lifted over the nasal bone cartilage septum. These incisions are closed with sutures at the end of the surgery.
Things to Know Before Rhinoplasty
There are some subjects you have to know before having a plastic surgery. It is important to report your illnesses or complaints, medicine you use and whether you have any allergy.
Drugs and foods to affect fluidity of blood should be discontinued 1 week before. Smoking should be stopped 2 weeks before and alcohol drinking should be stopped 1 week before. If your doctor approves, you may have surgery during your menstruation period.
On surgery day, you should come to the hospital with the fasting time reported to you (it is generally determined as 6-8 hours). It is recommended to take a warm shower the night before the surgery.
You should remove your metal jewelry and your nail polishes. Avoiding shaving for men and make up are necessary when going to surgery. We explain you in detail the subjects to be known before surgery.
You may read our article “The Process before Rhinoplasty” for more detailed information.
When is Rhinoplasty Patient Discharged from the Hospital
After rhinoplasty surgery, patients are generally discharged the next day after staying 1 night at the hospital. However, you may be sent home in the same day after necessary controls are made in nasal tip aesthetics or minor surgeries which intranasal processes are made in the earlier times of the day.
On the other hand, staying 1 night at the hospital offers you advantages as providing your bleeding control, applying the treatments which shall help you to be comfortable after the surgery more effectively and being closely followed up by the nurses.
We visit all our patients the next day after the surgeries before they are discharged. In this process, we do your dressing along with your control and explain you in detail how you shall take care at home. Moreover, medicines you shall use at home shall be prescribed and your reports shall be prepared, if you need.
How long does a Rhinoplasty surgery take?
The time for Rhinoplasty surgeries vary depending on the size of the process and techniques to be applied. Rhinoplasty operations where moderate-size processes are performed last approximately 2.5-3 hours when open technique is applied and approximately 3-3.5 hours in closed technique applications. Duration of some revision nose and ear operations which require removing cartilage from your rib is longer.
Is Intranasal Tampon Used in Rhinoplasty?
Tampon use in nasal surgeries is one of the subjects people are most curious about. People want to learn whether intranasal tampon is placed or not due to subjects such as difficulties experienced in removal of tampons. In fact, we rarely use classic tampons today.
We place silicon tampons in nose in plastic operations. These silicon tampons act as a barrier between the inner and outer walls of the nose and prevent adhesion formation. Silicon tampons are soft and bendable and may be removed from the nose easily without any pain.
When you’ll be invited for control after a specific period of time from the surgery, silicon tampons placed in your nose are removed. I can say that the removal time is generally the 3rd or the 4th day after surgery.
Does the patient have too much pain after aesthetic surgery? Is There Bruise Or Swelling?
Generally, there is no severe pain in the patients after plastic operation. The only thing to be felt after rhinoplasty surgery is little burning and pressure. Painkillers to be taken when necessary are usually sufficient. I can easily say that there are no big pains other than these.
What should be Taken into Consideration After Rhinoplasty?
There are factors required to be considered in order to complete the recovery process smoothly and quickly after nasal surgery. I and my professional team explain you in detail what you should take into consideration after rhinoplasty.
- Generally, you may turn back to your daily activities after 3-4 days.
- You may take a warm shower from the second day without wetting the nasal plaster or bands.
- You can do light exercises and start walking from the second week. However, as sports requiring physical activities may cause nose bleeding, it is appropriate to do it after the 1st month.
- To avoid edema, it is necessary to give 1 month break for sauna, Turkish bath, solarium, sun bath, steam bath, sea and swimming pool. It is important to avoid activities which may cause trauma for your nose as jumping into water for the first 4-6 months.
- You must stay away from sun or wear a hat for at least 2 months to avoid sunburn. Besides, it is recommended to apply 50-factor cream to protect skin from sun.
- It shall be good to use mouthwash solutions from the first day for oral hygiene. You may brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush from the 2nd day.
- It is recommended to change dressing under nostrils until bleeding stops.
- Dress with sea water spray, hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic cream 4-5 times a day. Intranasal crusting will be minimal with this dressing and airways inside the silicones will remain open.
- In the first 48 hours, sleep with 2 pillows with your head up.
- Applying ice packs on the eyes for the first 48 hours helps reducing swelling.
- It is recommended to drink plenty of water.
- Do not blow your nose for two weeks after the surgery.
- If you want to sneeze, it is better to sneeze with your mouth open for two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid lifting heavy things for two weeks.
- It is not recommended to drive in the first two weeks after the surgery.
- Massage applied after rhinoplasty surgeries causes the lymphatics on the face to be activated reducing edema and, accordingly, accelerating the healing. Massage is most effective in the first 6 months after the surgery. Massaging softly in the first 3 weeks and harder later for 20 minutes every day in front of a mirror helps a lot in reshaping and settling the nose.
- It is recommended to wear contact lens on the third day after surgery.
- As of the 2nd month after rhinoplasty surgery, reading glasses or frameless lightweight glasses, and after the 3rd month, sunglasses with wide framed glasses may be worn. If you have to wear glasses in the first 2 months, we give the nose plaster to you after removal. You may wear your glasses on this plaster.
Is there an age limit for Rhinoplasty surgery?
The subject of attention for rhinoplasty is body and bone development.. While the age limit is 17 in females as this development is completed faster in females, the age limit is 18 in males.
It is possible to make plastic operation to females and males at these ages. It should be stated that it is possible to have a surgery at earlier ages if there is a health problem creating a trouble relevant to breathing through the nose. We perform rhinoplasty operations within the framework of these details at our clinic.
Which surgeries may be performed along with Rhinoplasty?
Additional processes may be performed during Rhinoplasty surgery to eliminate other problems affecting your health negatively as septal deviation, concha bullosa and sinus congestion.
Septal deviation which is bone-cartilage deviation in the middle part of the nose and is one of the frequently seen reasons of nasal congestion, concha problems, primarily concha bullosa which causes enlarging of intranasal structure blocking airways are also corrected during rhinoplasty surgeries.
Besides, in chronic sinusitis or sinusitis developing in connection with long lasting allergies, polyps in nose and sinus, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (ESS) operations are also performed by lens camera systems called Endovision.
Along with all these problems, combined facial aesthetic processes may also be performed in addition to rhinoplasty operations. Chin filler, surgery for chin enhancing by the help of prosthesis, eyelid aesthetic surgery, and filler applications in the facial regions where necessary are the additional processes we perform frequently during rhinoplasty surgeries.
In combined surgeries we make with our Plastic Surgery Specialist for our patients requesting mammoplasty, abdominoplasty and such processes along with Rhinoplasty, we are able to perform all aesthetic touches our patients need in a single operation.
What is the proper season for Rhinoplasty surgeries?
In fact, rhinoplasty surgeries do not have a specific season, however sweating on the nose as the weather gets warmer causes nasal cast to get loose and affects ensuring of bleeding control negatively.
Although materials used in nasal cast along with the improving technology recently increase air permeability and avoid such problems, there are some issues you have to be careful about if you want to get rhinoplasty surgery in the summer. These are:
- Try to stay away from sun and protect your nose with sun protection creams your doctor shall suggest and by wearing a hat.
- Do not wear sunglasses to avoid giving any harm to the shape of your nose as it takes approximately 6 months for your nose to take its proper shape.
- Do not enter swimming pool without your doctor’s approval to avoid infection risk.
Rhinoplasty Prices 2022
People who wish to have a beautiful and healthy nose is most curious about the prices of plastic operations. I want to state at this point that prices vary according to the operation made. First of all, the nose should be examined and the process you want should be stated.
Rhinoplasty turkey price may be learned after the determination of the surgery to be applied in every aspect. As it is seen, price of the surgery is determined completely according to plastic operation to be applied.